Sep 1, 2018
In episode 10 of the God & Whiskey podcast, Evan & Drew
continue the conversation about sacraments than began in episode 9,
this time focusing on the eucharist. They talk theology of the
eucharist as well as best practices, and also enjoy a solid blended
whisky, The Famous Grouse. Additionally, Drew mocks Evan for
drinking Rolling Rock.
As discussed in this episode:
- More on the Famous Grouse here. We tried the regular
Grouse in this episode, but will review the Black Grouse in a
- Bishop Barron discusses the eucharist as "source and summit" of
the Christian life here.
- This Holy Mystery, the United Methodist official
document on Holy Communion,
- Methodism and the Miraculous, a book Evan mentions, is
- Drew's nerdy paper about 'online communion'
here. Other resources from the debate
- Schmemann's For the Life of the World, referenced
- James White's The Sacraments in Protestant Practice &
and Introduction to Christian worship
P.S. There is background noise aplenty in this episode...but
such is life. With enough good whisky, you won't even notice